[Gc] GC_MALLOC() Failure

Volkan YAZICI yazicivo at ttmail.com
Mon May 10 10:39:39 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to use Boehm GC on a SunFire X4400 with 128GB memory.
Suprisingly, some GC_MALLOC() calls return NULL despite I have enough
free space. ulimit output is as below:

  core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
  scheduling priority             (-e) 0
  pending signals                 (-i) 1033572
  max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
  open files                      (-n) 1024
  pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
  POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
  real-time priority              (-r) 0
  stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
  max user processes              (-u) 1033572

This is Debian GNU/Linux lenny (stable) with gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian
4.3.2-1.1) installed. What I might be missing? How can I spot the
problem? Any helps will be really appreciated.

Regards.