[Gc] Symbian support

Manuel.Serrano at inria.fr Manuel.Serrano at inria.fr
Mon Oct 18 01:29:51 PDT 2010

Hi Djamel,

> I have ported 7.1 on Symbian 3rd and 5th edition(monothreaded for now), that
> works on emulator(a bit hacked for static roots) and on target(tested on armv5
> with linker symbols).
> If interested I can send you the sources(I have not created a patch tough).
> It will require some tidy up and multithreaded support(start/stop world +
> mutexes for allocations)
> It requires installation of open C.
I have not seen any followup to your mail. May I have missed it...

*I* would be very interested in your code. If you happen to also have
something that works for the threads I would be even more
interested. Could you send that code?  I hope your modifications will be
included in the development tree so that the next version of the GC will
support Symbian out of the box. Thanks in advance.

--
Manuel