[Gc] Re: What's difference in GC between Windows version and WinCE version?

biosli biosli at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 20:00:12 PDT 2010

Thanks to reply.

Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at ...> writes:

> Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:13:05 +0000 (UTC) gcbiosli <biosli at ...>:
>
> > I use GC in my program both Windows version and WinCE version. The code is
> > same.
>
> Are the configurations same? You're not using USE_MUNMAP in both cases, right?

The configurations is same. I defined USE_MUNMAP, SMALL_CONFIG, GC_THREADS and
ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS, in both version.

And I found that used memory size will come down later, in WinCE version.
exp. In WinCE version, I call function funcA() which need a lot memory(a lot of
small blocks) then release all used memory, then I call funcB() which need
little memory several times, the memory used size comes down.
If I call function funcA() repeatly, the memory used size grows, and don't goes
back to normal size.

In Windows version, I call funcA() repeatly, the memory used size never goes up.

It seems like used blocks in WinCE version life cycle is longer then Windows
version.
In WinCE heap momory size limit in 24MB, so I really need the memory effects as
Windows version.
What should I do?

Best regards,
biosli