[Gc] Re: Re[4]: Boehm update in GCC

Kai Tietz ktietz70 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 2 22:46:30 PST 2011

Sorry, to hear that the patches done on gcc's svn for boehm-gc are
useless for you.  Gcc based on boehm-gc 6.6 and did some extensions to
it, which maybe are on boehm-gc's trunk, or might be not. This is an
answer only you can really provide. That gcc folk doesn't use bare
boehm-gc 6.6 is obvisously caused by the fact that it had major issues
and so needed some fixing.
To update to 6.8 doesn't help, as AFAIK is x64 windows target not
supported. So I have no interest to update to a version, which doesn't
help me at all.
I use locally for me an unmodified 7.2 (alpha 5), but it is important
that not just I have this. The uses of gcc want to be able to use it
OOTB too. So I would like to udate to 7.2 (5alpha) version as here for
over a year now no better version is available.

Regards,
Kai