[Gc] Re[10]: Boehm update in GCC

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Apr 10 10:47:06 PDT 2011

Hi,

I've reviewed the patches from gcc/boem-gc. The following ones I'm unable to process (and some at GCC side should have a look at, may be the original patch authors could adopt their ones for GC v7+):
bgc-167681 - darwin-specific (probably this one no longer needed for v7+);
bgc-171516 - testsuite-specific;
bgc-144045 bgc-150269 bgc-151013 bgc-151627 bgc-166028 - scripts-specific ones;
bgc-114869, bgc-124081 - specific to thread suspension.

The rest ones are either already applied or obsolete.

The open question is whether it will be possible to use completely unmodified BDWGC in GCC (to simplify further updates). Of course, it will require modification of boehm.cc in GCJ.

PS. I have found only one patch (posted recently to gcc/boehm-gc by Iain Sandoe and Mike Stump) applicable to BDWGC.
I've committed it today (with some minor non-functional modifications).

Regards.