[Gc] Gentoo QA Notice: mark_rts.c:365: warning: function returns address of local variable

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Aug 11 23:18:43 PDT 2011

If you look at the corresponding source, you'll see that this is clearly intentional.  I don't know if there is a way to suppress the warning.  I think there is a gcc intrinsic to retrieve the stack pointer, which could be used when compiling with gcc.  But I'm not sure that uglifying the code is a good way to deal with such issues.

As an immediate fix, there is presumably a way to tell the build NOT to treat warnings as errors?