[Gc] Should libatomic_ops be inside bdwgc?

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Mon Aug 15 10:41:06 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-15, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> Hi Petter,
>
> I've committed your changes to libatomic_ops (with minor additions to .gitingore).
>
> About make maintainer-clean: it does not clean /m4 contents. Is it expected?

Hi Ivan,

Apparently that's expected.  I didn't notice, but maintainer-clean
leaves behind many generated files, including configure and Makefile.in.
On closer look, it also seems to only remove files from the build
directory, so one would have to configure in the source directory for it
to have any effect there.  We can add files to the MAINTAINERCLEANFILES
variable prefixed with $(top_srcdir) where appropriate, but I wouldn't
bother unless we need it.

(As a side note, the maintainer-clean target is a bit odd in the sense
that it should apply to an unconfigured source directory, but you can't
run it before polluting the directory even further by running configure.
It might make more sense to have a plain bash-script or a
Makefile.maintenance.)

Petter