Re[2]: [Gc] Re: Failure to build on OS X Lion

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Aug 22 07:30:56 PDT 2011

Hi Juanjo,

22 08 2011, 17:05 Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> wrote:
>
> > I'm a bit surprised that you that I've spent your time finding out the
> > workaround instead of first try the latest BDWGC snapshot
>
> Where am I supposed to get this? The only links in the BDWGC homepage are to
> the gc_source directory.

Exactly this patch exists in the both repos - the old CVS one which is pointed to from http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/#where and the new Git one which hasn't referenced from anywhere yet:
https://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops
https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc

Recent snapshots URLs (these ones require "autoreconf -vif" before running "./configure"):
https://nodeload.github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops/tarball/master
https://nodeload.github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/tarball/master

> Besides this, I have to point ECL users to
> something they can download and use not some rapidly changing repository.

The only way for you if you need a tar-ball with a particular patch applied is to fork a branch of the release you have tested and apply that patch extracted from the master branch (then, in future, you will most probably easily merge with the next release candidate).

Any better ideas?

Regards.