Re[2]: [Gc] GitHub repository

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Aug 26 11:04:08 PDT 2011

Hi Juan,

26 08 2011, 19:06 Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> wrote:
>
> > Hi Hans,
> >
> > 1. I've added your account (hboehm) to both of the repos.
> >
> > 2. Both of the links are ok.
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> Sorry to enter this conversation, but I could not avoid noticing that,
> unlike the CVS repository, the github one does not ship libatomic_ops
> _inside_ the same directory.

Yes. libatomic_ops is a standalone library. For simplicity, final gc7.2 release will include libatomic_ops but not the future releases (I think).
As a sample, I could refer to GCC - it does not include but requires GMP, MPFR, and MPC (you should either install these packs or specify paths to them).

As for the repository, it is not possible setup a link in a project to another project, but you could do it in a Git working working directory.

> This is important because the library may fail to build on various systems,
> including the automated test farm (http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs_gc.html)
> which I planned to revive now that you got rid of CVS (I live behind a
> firewall that blocks it).

Great! We've just talked with Hans about build-bots recently.
Note that besides creating a symlink to libatomic_ops inside bdwgc, autoreconf -vif should be called before configure now (as we excluded these auto-generated stuff from the repo but not from the tar-ball).

Also, it would be a plus, to run "make check" for libatomic_ops itself.

Regards.