[Gc]: Request: get signum for resume?

Jan Wielemaker J.Wielemaker at vu.nl
Thu Dec 15 07:44:56 PST 2011

Hi Ivan,

On 12/15/2011 04:24 PM, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Sure. Please prepare a patch (against master branch in Git repo).

Fine.  Only, it is a bit of a mess :-(  I guess I must add this to
misc.c, but the definition of SIG_THR_RESTART is spread over
gcconfig.h and pthread_stop_world.c :-(  Shall I move the part
from pthread_stop_world.c to gcconfig.h and add the new function
on misc.c?  What name to use?  resume, restart or thr_restart?

More, I see that pthread_stop_world.c is only used under some
complex condition.  Should we move that condition to gcconfig.h
as well and define a new GC_PTHREAD_STOP_WORLD that is used as
a condition in pthread_stop_world.c?

I'm happy to write a bit, but it not my code base ...

	Cheers --- Jan