[Gc] Newbie: how to deal with a giant linked list?

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Sun Dec 18 04:15:27 PST 2011

On Sun 18 Dec 2011 12:41, Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker at vu.nl> writes:

> So	- Why does stuborn not help here?  Note that it does help
> 	  in places where we have large non-mutable objects.

I think stubborn is deprecated.  From gc/gc.h:

   /* Note that the GC_malloc_stubborn support doesn't really exist        */
   /* anymore.  MANUAL_VDB provides comparable functionality.              */

Did you look at the MANUAL_VDB stuff in the source?  It might help.  I
don't know anything about that code though.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/