[Gc] Re[2]: libatomic_ops

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Feb 21 13:33:18 PST 2011

Hi,

Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:55:53 -0700 Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling at kev009.com>:
> Hi,
>
> ck goes beyond atomic ops and provides memory functions, hazard
> pointers, locks, and complete data structures.

Yes, I see several platform-neutral .c files. This is different from libatomic_ops - it contains (if not counting several .c files of little real use) only low-level arch-specific primitives. Some other algorithm-rich library could be implemented on the top of it. (And, this approach I appreciate more.)

> Here's what ck needs:  ports to all the fine archs that libatomic_ops
> has.  I contacted the author and would like to help do some ports.

Cool.

> What do you think about joining up so we all work together and make ck
> the default for concurrent programming?  The C community is really
> spread out right now with lock-less structures and solid concurrency
> primitives and we have the opportunity to fix this now.

I agree.
But I'm sorry, I'm too busy with BDWGC and my Java VM implementation.

Regards.