[Gc] Re: libatomic_ops

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Mon Feb 21 12:55:53 PST 2011

Hi,

ck goes beyond atomic ops and provides memory functions, hazard
pointers, locks, and complete data structures.

Here's what ck needs:  ports to all the fine archs that libatomic_ops
has.  I contacted the author and would like to help do some ports.

What do you think about joining up so we all work together and make ck
the default for concurrent programming?  The C community is really
spread out right now with lockless structures and solid concurrency
primitives and we have the opportunity to fix this now.

Regards,
Kevin