Re[2]: [Gc] Boehm GC and Iphone

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Wed Jan 12 23:17:50 PST 2011

Hi,

1. Are you going to run it on a multi-core? (I don't know Apples devices internals deeply, so I wonder which of them have multi-core CPUs).

2. If you start using gc6.8 just because of the reason you mentioned, I recommend you to migrate to gc7.2 (get the recent BDWGC snapshot which now has generation plus parallel collection enabled).

3. Incremental/generation collection as well as parallel marking are the GC improvements aiming collection pause reduction.

Regards.