[Gc] GC_register_dynamic_libraries on FreeBSD

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Jan 17 13:47:17 PST 2011

Hi Hans,

In dyn_load.c, we have GC_register_map_entries and GC_register_dynamic_libraries_dl_iterate_phdr() which could be called on each GC cycle, and these functions use DATASTART/END which are defined as GC_FreeBSDGetDataStart() or GC_find_limit() calls under FreeBSD on some architectures.
The question is: should we really need to call GC_FreeBSDGetDataStart, GC_find_limit every GC? (If not, we could just call them once and cache the values.)

Regards.