[Gc] Time for a release?

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Sun Jan 23 12:37:15 PST 2011

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I hit a bug on i686-linux-gnu, which turned out to be due to the lack of
> pthread_exit interception, which is fixed by a 2010-08-14 commit by
> Ivan [0].  This fix is lacking from both 7.1 and 7.2alpha4.
>
> I think the number of bug fixes in CVS warrants a new release.
>
> In addition, we’ll be releasing GNU Guile 2.0 within a couple of months,
> so it would be great if a release could be published by then.  :-)
>
> [0] Initially discussed at
>     <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/4023>.

A release would be most welcome to me, too.
Without it, applying valgrind to a libgc[*]-using
binary fails consistently for me, but works well
when using a library built using the latest from CVS.

Jim

[*] The problem arises at least when using
gc-7.2-0.1.alpha4.fc13.x86_64 (and the i686 one)
on Fedora 14.