[Gc] Where's the latest source?

Shockwave vinfobag at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:02:36 PST 2011

Hello, All.

I'm trying to fetch the latest Garbage Collector code from CVS at:

http://bdwgc.cvs.sourceforge.net/bdwgc/

as mentioned in:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/#where

but that link doesn't seem to be working.

Also, the source-forge page doesn't contain any files to download.

I tried to build 7.2alpha4, under Windows 7 using Visual Studio 2010's
nmake, but I get errors:

Using NT_MAKEFILE (renamed to MAKEFILE):

gc_cpp.cc

gc_cpp.cc(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gc_cpp.h': No
such

file or directory

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0

\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

Using NT_STATIC_THREADS_MAKEFILE (renamed to MAKEFILE):

LINK : fatal error LNK1117: syntax error in option 'debug:full'

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0

\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x45d'

Stop.

I've googled the issue for a good part of the day, but  was unable to find
usufull info on it.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to build the GC under Windows 7 /
Visual Studio 2010, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Vladimir