[GC] Porting boehm-gc to RTEMS for GCJ

Jie Liu lj8175 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:03:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

If I don't port "Thread support"[1] for RTEMS operating system while
porting GCJ to it, can I run multiple thread which created in Java ?

I ask this question because: if a RTEMS GCJ program with multiple
threads but no memory allocation in threads, the program can run
successfully. And if has memory allocation in threads, the program may
fail, e.g. new char[660] PASS but new char[680] and more will FAIL in
new thread. The cause of the error is wrong jump address such as
0xFF0720FF or hanging in the program while stack error.

[1]http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/porting.html

Thanks,
Jie