[Gc] Firefox

Glauco Masotti glauco.masotti at libero.it
Tue Jun 7 02:42:57 PDT 2011

Hi. I hope not to be out of scope here, but the thing seems relevant to me.

Firefox is IMHO the best choice as a browser, but it's a memory hog.
NoScript can help, but the heap tends to grow almost monotonically.
After some hours browsing, if you have several frames active, it's easy to have a heap of 500-600 MB!
At this point it's amazing that the program can take several minutes to shut down, before freeing memory!
What about suggesting those guys in the R&D to use the GC?
Is some of you in contact with them?

Regards,
--- Glauco