RE: [Gc] Changing ‘GC_should_collect’ to account for malloc’d memory

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Mar 1 18:06:23 PST 2011

Presumably the test could be something like

<iconv_t structs allocd since last GC>*<sizeof iconv_t etc.> greater than GC_get_heap_size()/N

for some value of N, analogous to GC_free_space_divisor ?

If that works, then this doesn't sound so bad.  You probably still need a rough guess of the space used by iconv_t.