[Gc] Re: Performance of bdwgc7.2 had degraded compared to6.8 - I think I found a solution/reason

Manuel.Serrano at inria.fr Manuel.Serrano at inria.fr
Sat Mar 5 23:52:27 PST 2011

> I didn't check what this code is supposed to do, but judging from the
> surrounding fragments this should be a memset instead, no?
Yes, exactly. We have had a discussion about performance and at some point
it has been noted that the implementation of memset (or bzero) was important.
I have thus checked three versions of memset in order to understand if
indeed it impacts the performance. I have thus provided three versions of
memset (depending on BGL_MEMCPY1 and BGL_MEMCPY2). In that experiment I have
not noticed any impact on overall performance.

--
Manuel