Re[2]: [Gc] GC code size

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Tue Mar 15 09:58:39 PST 2011

Hi Romano,

1. The recent doc says:
SMALL_CONFIG    Tries to tune the collector for small heap sizes,
  usually causing it to use less space in such situations.  Incremental
  collection no longer works in this case.  Also, removes some
  statistic-printing code.  Turns off some optimization algorithms (like data
  prefetching in the mark routine).
LARGE_CONFIG    Tunes the collector for unusually large heaps.
  Necessary for heaps larger than about 4 GiB on most (64-bit) machines.
  Recommended for heaps larger than about 500 MiB.  Not recommended for
  embedded systems.  Could be used in conjunction with SMALL_CONFIG to
  generate smaller code (by disabling incremental collection support,
  statistic printing and some optimization algorithms).

2. It's ok to define both SMALL/LARGE_CONFIG (at least with the recent snapshot).