[Gc] pthreads and libgc

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Fri Mar 25 06:48:11 PST 2011

Greets,

On Sun 20 Mar 2011 11:45, Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> writes:

> If you already care about threads registering then you can compile your
> app with -D GC_NO_THREAD_REDIRECTS (thus avoiding GC initialization in
> response to a pthread_create).

Thanks for the pointer.  We were mistakenly redirecting pthread
functions not only in libguile, but also for our users.  I have fixed
that, and that helps this issue.

In addition, we were not calling GC_allow_register_threads().  I changed
to do so, and now the code in the original report (both with and without
GC_INIT in the main thread) works.

However it is now leaking memory.  I cannot reproduce the issue with
just libgc though, so it must be a Guile problem.

Thanks for the help!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/