[Gc] Question about GC

Mirek Miedziarek mirras at tlen.pl
Fri May 20 01:45:45 PDT 2011

Hi

I am a Delphi programmer
and wanted to introduce the garbage collector in my application.
I use a Delphi wrapper for GC availabled at
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/21646

I have compiled latest version of GC 7.0 and adjust wrapper.

Unfortunatelly I get error saing something like
"Collecting from an unknown thread"
which I suppose means I need a multithreaded
version of gc.
I've tried to compile such but with no results:(

Thus I kindly please, could you provide me
a way to get compiled multithreaded version of
gc for windows x86 platform?
Additionally I remember that some previous version of gc
raised with "too many roots" on the same application,
but I am not sure if it is an issue in the latest version (7.0) of gc,
but if so then how to increase the MAX_ROOTS limit?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers from Poland
Mirek