[Gc] Broken PROC_VDB on Solaris?

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Wed May 25 09:32:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get PROC_VDB mode work on Solaris 10u9 x86 but I see that all dirty bits in all pages returned by every read /proc/<pid>/pagefile aren't set to true during gctest run (so gctest fails as some live objects are considered as unreachable and collected). When running under gdb, I nonetheless observe several dirty pages reported (but not all so gctest fails again).

Could someone consult me what happens? If there's no solution seen how to fix this currently then I'll disable SOLARIS25_PROC_VDB_BUG_FIXED in configure.ac for Solaris/x86. The other question is whether PROC_VDB works on Solaris/sparc.

Regards.