[Gc] Re: Garbage collection segfault in OpenIndiana

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson johann at 2ndquadrant.com
Sun Nov 13 15:24:48 PST 2011

Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> writes:

> On 11/12/2011 08:38 PM, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
>> With GCC 4.6.2 on OpenIndiana 151a (Solaris) the boehm gc segfaults
>> in os_dep.c:810 when JNI_CreateJavaVM() is called.
>
>> I thought of merging boehm gc 7.1 into the gcc source tree, but
>> this seems non-trivial.  In particular it's not possible just to
>> make it a drop-in replacement.
>
> Do you have any reason to suspect that merging gc 7.1 might help?

No concrete evidence.  In the past I was unable to use 6.x on it while
7.x worked in my own projects.  In 7.1 and 7.2alpha6 this function is
now called GC_find_limit_with_bound() instead of just GC_find_limit().
The relevant line number in 7.2alpha6 is os_dep.c:994.

I suppose the best way to be sure is to compare the output of gcc -E
for os_dep.c.

If you have any further ideas I can explore, please let me know.

--
   Johann Oskarsson                http://www.2ndquadrant.com/    |[]
   PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services  --+--

   Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/