[Gc] win32 special treatment in GC_add_roots and GC_remove_roots codepaths

Lucas Meijer lucas at lucasmeijer.com
Tue Sep 13 07:26:20 PDT 2011

Hi Ivan,  thanks for your reply.

I could take a stab at this, however I don't fully understand the
problem yet:

GC_remove_roots_inner seems not to do the correct thing when the root
has been expanded due to the addition of another rootset.

It looks to me that scenario is "not implemented yet" on any platform.
not just win32.

Is there any special reason why win32 cannot follow the codepath of line
219->225 of mark_rts.c,
and the ifdef of line 299 of mark_rts.c being removed, like all other
platforms do,
so at least win32 would get support for unregistering of roots that have
not been expanded.

(all linenumbers from mark_rts.c from master on github)

Bye, Lucas