[Gc] Referencing the Garbage Collector

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Sep 13 13:58:38 PDT 2011

Thanks for asking.

I would reference either the web site http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/, with a "retrieved on" date in case of future moves/changes, or one of the papers.  If you are not using any new features, the right paper may still be:

Boehm, Weiser, ``Garbage Collection in an Uncooperative Environment'', Software Practice & Experience 18, 9 (Sept. 1988), pp. 807-820.

You can find various other papers listed at http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/pubs.html .

Hans