Re[4]: [Gc] Compilation fails on Mac OS X (#4)

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Sep 19 23:25:12 PDT 2011

Hi Petter,

I have autoconf-2.68 (automake 1.11.1) on cygwin:
/usr/share/autoconf/m4sugar/m4sh.m4:

# _AS_BOURNE_COMPATIBLE
# ---------------------
# This is the part of AS_BOURNE_COMPATIBLE which has to be repeated inside
# each instance.
m4_define([_AS_BOURNE_COMPATIBLE],
[AS_IF([test -n "${ZSH_VERSION+set}" && (emulate sh) >/dev/null 2>&1],
 [emulate sh
  NULLCMD=:
  [#] Pre-4.2 versions of Zsh do word splitting on ${1+"$[@]"}, which
  # is contrary to our usage.  Disable this feature.
  setopt NO_GLOB_SUBST],
 [AS_CASE([`(set -o) 2>/dev/null`], [*posix*], [set -o posix])])
])

PS. If you think this is caused by a malfunctioning autotools then we don't need to workaround it (as we still distribute auto-generated files in the tarball).

Regards.