[Gc] Segfault 11

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Mon Sep 26 21:47:06 PDT 2011

I think it would be great to add the checking if assertions are enabled.  Without assertions, I would add it only if you can keep the check off the fast path through GC_malloc.  We've tried in the past to keep the allocation path as short as possible, and I think it's worth continuing to do that, probably even if the effect of adding it is not immediately measurable with a small test on today's machine.