[Gc] Problem with GC on FreeBSD

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Sun Apr 29 08:26:19 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-29, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> Hi Petter,
>
> But do we need the whole functionality of GC_start_debugging for it? (I guess it degrades performance when if you dont use GC_debug API routines.)

Hi Ivan,

I think we need to make these calls in all GC_debug_* functions in any
case, as they may be called by the client.  But, I agree, these should
not be called unless the collector is being debugged.  The expansion of
GC_INTERNAL_MALLOC in gc_priv.h redirects to the debug variants only
when DBG_HDRS_ALL is defined, which is the case when --gc-debug is
passed to configure, so this should be fine, right?

BTW, I updated the Ohloh (https://www.ohloh.net/p/bdwgc) repository
link.  It still pointed to the CVS repo, so it started to look at bit
inactive.