[Gc] Problem with GC on FreeBSD

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 08:33:21 PDT 2012

Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> wrote:
> Hi Vitaly,
>
> Based on your report:
> 1. There's a bug associated with enable-gc-debug - Petter already discovered
> the cause and te proper fix will be applied soon

Should I test his repo as it is, or wait until the fix hits your master branch?

> 2. If gc-debug is off then only stklos (not included into bdwgc) hangs
> regardless of USE_xxx_SPECIFIC, right?

Right, except that with USE_CUSTOM_SPECIFIC STklos hangs during
thread-related regression tests, but with USE_PTHREAD_SPECIFIC it
segfaults (inside GC_clear_fl_marks if I'm not mistaken) prior to
those.

There is a similar problem with Gauche, but I did not test it in
different configurations (I will once other problems are dealt with).

> I'll try to check stklos problem tomorrow.

Thank you.