[Gc] Re: [bdwgc] autoconf failures on mingw (#16)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 10:13:25 PDT 2012

I have tested the git sources from bdwgc and they only configure properly
with autoconf >= 2.69. cygwin and mingw come with autoconf 2.68 and OS X
Snow Lion comes with autoconf 2.61 -- all of them break with the error
message that the original poster reported.

Juanjo

P.S.: I am not sure whether this email will get to the mailing list, for I
have problems accessing the server, which does not answer to my
"subscribe/unsubscribe" requests after google changed my email from @
googlemail.com to @gmail.com

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi trippleflux,
>
> 1. gc7.2 tarball contains generated "configure". Does it work for you?
>
> 2. have you tried gc7.3alpha2?
>
> Regards.
>
> Sat, 19 May 2012 23:52:33 -0700 trippleflux <
> reply+i-4658569-9e60e6cbb0cf2a3291237b4a13831f7435fcd88d-460469 at reply.github.com
> >:
> > I am trying to compile bdwgc 7.2 release on mysys/mingw, while
> libatomic_ops compile without any problems, it seems that there is some
> problems on bdwgc autoconf script (configure.ac), it throws this error
> while issuing autoconf command from the autogen.sh
> >
> > configure.ac:70: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
> >       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
> >       See the Autoconf documentation.
> > configure.ac:358: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_IF
> >
> > if i added this exception lines into configure.ac
> > m4_pattern_allow([^dnl])
> > m4_pattern_allow([^AC_])
> > m4_pattern_allow([^AS_])
> > m4_pattern_allow([^m4])
> >
> > it will succeed to generate the configure scripts but failed when
> configure process.
> >
> > aclocal v 1.10
> > autoconf v 2.68
> >
> > ---