[Gc] Re: [bdwgc] autoconf failures on mingw (#16)

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Tue Aug 21 00:32:01 PDT 2012

On 2012-08-19, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> I have tested the git sources from bdwgc and they only configure properly
> with autoconf >= 2.69. cygwin and mingw come with autoconf 2.68 and OS X
> Snow Lion comes with autoconf 2.61 -- all of them break with the error
> message that the original poster reported.
>
> Juanjo

Hi Juanjo,

The issue is probably that aclocal cannot find all the macro (.m4)
files, typically because Autoconf and Automake are installed with
different --prefix (e.g. one shipped and one custom installed).  Please
see the full discussion on https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/issues/16 if
you haven't done so.  If you need a custom version of either of the
autotools (Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool), it may be easiest to
install all of them to the same --prefix.

Petter