[Gc] Re: [bdwgc] autoconf failures on mingw (#16)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 01:16:59 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk> wrote:

> The issue is probably that aclocal cannot find all the macro (.m4)
> files, typically because Autoconf and Automake are installed with
> different --prefix (e.g. one shipped and one custom installed).  Please
> see the full discussion on https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/issues/16 if
> you haven't done so.  If you need a custom version of either of the
> autotools (Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool), it may be easiest to
> install all of them to the same --prefix.

I see this issue has been closed in github, but no solution is posted
there. I must remark that I am *not* running with multiple or customized
versions of autotools. What was reported was done on

* A stock mingw installation with autoconf 2.61 and related tools, and an
upgraded version with 2.68

* A stock cygwin installation which ships autoconf 2.68

* A stock OS X Snow Leopard + Xcode 3.6 which comes with autoconf 2.61, I
believe (I do not have the machine in front of me right now)

Each of them live in an environment in which only _one_ copy of autotools
exists, yet they all fail to populate the bdwgc tree with the same error
message. Instead, on OS X Snow Lion (Here xcode does not come with
autotools) + homebrew's autoconf 2.69 everything runs smoothly.

So I believe your explanation does not apply here.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)