[Gc] Re[2]: Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Pavel Raiskup praiskup at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 23:50:56 PST 2012

Hello gc guys!

> Ivan Maidanski dixit:
>
>> http://www.ivmaisoft.com/_bin/bdwgc/libatomic_ops-7.3alpha3-20121123.tar.bz2
>
> Sorry it took so long, but here are the results (after quite
> some fiddling): all 4 tests passed.

I have still problems on ppc/ppc64 architectures with test_stack testsuite
program:

  | PASS: test_atomic_pthreads
  | FAILED
  | FAILED
  | /bin/sh: line 5:  9896 Aborted    (core dumped) ${dir}$tst
  | FAIL: test_stack

I was unable to find here in mail archives system (glibc, kernel, ..)
requirements for supporting this test on PowerPC - thus I'm not sure how
to fix/help you regarding this issue.

Something about my system (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6):

  | $ rpm -q automake autoconf gcc glibc
  | automake-1.11.1-1.2.el6.noarch
  | autoconf-2.63-5.1.el6.noarch
  | gcc-4.4.7-3.el6.ppc64
  | glibc-2.12-1.106.el6.ppc64
  | glibc-2.12-1.106.el6.ppc

And /proc/cpuinfo snippet:

  processor       : 0
  cpu             : POWER7 (architected), altivec supported
  clock           : 3550.000000MHz
  revision        : 2.1 (pvr 003f 0201)

  processor       : 1
  cpu             : POWER7 (architected), altivec supported
  clock           : 3550.000000MHz
  revision        : 2.1 (pvr 003f 0201)

  processor       : 2
  cpu             : POWER7 (architected), altivec supported
  clock           : 3550.000000MHz
  revision        : 2.1 (pvr 003f 0201)

  processor       : 3
  cpu             : POWER7 (architected), altivec supported
  clock           : 3550.000000MHz
  revision        : 2.1 (pvr 003f 0201)

  [..]

Note that I checked even the released versions of libatomic_ops, I also
checked development tree from git - I seems that AO_stack* support it is
still not fixed.

Could I help you with diagnostics somehow?

Pavel