[Gc] Re[4]: Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Dec 8 23:53:06 PST 2012

Hi Pavel,

1. try release-7_2 branch
2. try -D AO_USE_PTHREAD_DEFS

Regards,
Ivan

6 12 2012, 8:29 Pavel Raiskup <praiskup at redhat.com>:

>On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 18:08 +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>
> Pavel Raiskup dixit:
>

> >I was unable to find here in mail archives system (glibc, kernel, ..)
>
> >requirements for supporting this test on PowerPC - thus I'm not sure how
>
> >to fix/help you regarding this issue.
>

> Can you try with this patch applied for more debugging?

Oh, of course.  I should have put here the VERBOSE output even before.

It has still the same non-deterministic behavior as was described before -

it fails always after different number of steps, sometimes it gets into

infinite loop.

I'm attaching tarball with several runs of the test/test_stack program.

Ok, could you point me where should I look?  I have tried the

"compare_and_swap", "test_and_set", "fetch_and_add" low-level calls and

they works well with 5+ threads.

Note, I don't have the access to the same machine as before at the moment,

I need to make an reservation and it may take even days -> attached logs

are from another powerpc machine with same HW (Fedora 16):

  $ rpm -q automake autoconf gcc glibc

  automake-1.11.1-7.fc16.noarch

  autoconf-2.68-2.fc15.noarch

  gcc-4.6.2-1.fc16.ppc64

  glibc-2.14.90-24.fc16.6.ppc64

  glibc-2.14.90-24.fc16.6.ppc

  $ head /proc/cpuinfo

  processor       : 0

  cpu             : POWER7 (architected), altivec supported

  clock           : 3550.000000MHz

  revision        : 2.1 (pvr 003f 0201)

  processor       : 1

  cpu             : POWER7 (architected), altivec supported

  clock           : 3550.000000MHz

  revision        : 2.1 (pvr 003f 0201)

Pavel