[Gc] Benchmarks for 2 GB process

Brian Beuning bbeuning at corecard.com
Fri Dec 21 08:44:08 PST 2012

Thanks for the information.

Our processes are usually around 1 GB and sometimes get to 2 GB,
but your point about memory retention still applies.

Porting a large code base to 64-bit is harder than it sounds.
We have had 64-bit running for years but we have just recently
gotten the memory usage back down close to the 32-bit process
memory usage.  The 64-hit still runs a little slower than the
32-bit version.

I tried to run a test using Boehm GC (with GC disabled and using
GC_free) as our memory allocator but it is crashing so I obviously
did something wrong.