[Gc] Re[3] GC mailing list [transition]

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Dec 22 12:31:02 PST 2012

 Hi Bruce,

23 Dec 2012, 9:16 +13:00 Bruce Hoult <bruce at hoult.org>:
>What's the fundamental problem here?
>
>You're using mailman, which is in use on thousands of machines. It should be possible to copy it to one of them or set up a new one in no time.
>
>Maybe the likes of github or sourceforge are an option, if they run a mailing list service, but if and when such places go bang they tend to be impossible to get stuff out of. I guess you are right, unfortunately.

>Hopefully that won't happen because a lot of people will be hurting...
>
>I don't know how many subscribers there are, but it's not a busy list.
>
>Maybe being hosted by one of the many projects that use the GC is a good option?
>
>I'm sure that, for example, the Dylan Hackers would be happy to. We already run our own lists, have good continuity of machine availability over the last 14 years, and even just had a release this week :-)
>
>There's probably a bigger, more active, project that depends on Boehm GC Like gcc, mono...

>, but we're here and (speaking only for myself at the moment) available.
I don't mind.

Regards,
Ivan

>On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Boehm, Hans  < hans.boehm at hp.com > wrote:
>>The list should be fine again, for now.  With luck, the archives on the HP site should even stay up-to-date again.  (I believe the gmane archives were always
 fine.)  But that means it’s once again running on an ancient HP Kayak machine, with the web interface inaccessible to anyone outside HP.  We’re still looking for a long term solution.

>>Hans

 any preferences? As far as I know, github doesn't provide a mailing list service, and gmane is only a gateway. Sourceforge does seem to provide mailing lists, and I think we still officially have a project there.