[Gc] Re: [bdwgc] All interior pointers must be enabled for finalized allocation. (#9)

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Jan 16 05:08:28 PST 2012

Hi Petter,

There could be an alternative solution: GC_set_all_interior_pointers(TRUE) in GC_init_finalized_malloc (in this case, the comment should note that all-interior-mode should not be turned off after GC_init_finalized_malloc and there should be GC_ASSERT(GC_all_interior_pointers); in every malloc function in fnzl_mlc). This seems to me more logical as if we want some functionality why do we need to care about enabling others that are implementation-specific.

What do you think (prefer)?

Note also that DCL_LOCK_STATE goes before any statement.

Regards.