[Gc] Re[2]: [bdwgc] Add disclaim callback and a "finalized" object kind (#5)

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Wed Jan 25 10:50:30 PST 2012

Hi Petter,

I don't mind, I think a client would rarely need many object kind.

The opposite (documenting that cd  is GC-invisible) - I don't like since other "cd" (in other APIs, e.g., in normal finalization) are scanned by GC. This would require a separate table of "cd" (for every kind) and GC_push_all for that table.

So, to repeat, your idea about cd removal seems to me the best solution (it's ok to change the API as was added after the latest GC release).

Regards.