[Gc] Bus error && Deallocation of excessively large block ..

Arote Uddhav aroteuddhav at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:41:12 PDT 2012

Hi All ,
 I am trying gc with my program. I need to create threads at run time.

   <code>
                while(1)
                {
 pthread *t = (pthread_t  *) GC_MALLOC( num_of_files * sizeof (pthread_t ));
   int  *iret = (int *) GC_MALLOC(  num_of_files * sizeof (int ));

                     while( ( dirp = readdir( d )) != NULL )
            {
 if ( ( stat( dirp->d_name , &stat_buf) != -1 ) &&  (S_ISREG(
stat_buf.st_mode ) ))
{
 iret [ fileCounter  ]  = pthread_create ( &t [ fileCounter ] , NULL ,
callPluginHandle , (void *)(dirp->d_name) ) ;
 fileCounter ++;
   }
             }
   }
  </code>

   This is a code  prototype which I am trying to write. But I get run time
problmes
 ----- Bus error
 ----- Deallocation exclusively large block
 ----- Collecting unknown thread

I am not doing any free or deallocation .. I am relying on gc for all
memory freeing !
Help required ! :)

--
*Uddhav Arote*

Mob Number :  +91 9767168079
*Vidyavardhini College Of Engg. and Tech,Mumbai(MAHARASHTRA).*

Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have
got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as
possible before handing it on to future generations.
     -George Bernard Shaw

* <Email-id%3Aaroteuddhav at gmail.com>*