[Gc] GC_free crash when used with FreeImage library

Eduard Urbach e.urbach at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:47:32 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong: I have a fairly normal
installation of bdwgc 7.3 and FreeImage 3.15.3 which is only used in this
part of my code:
https://gist.github.com/3089309

When executing FreeImage_Unload() the application segfaults at

  GC_free (p=0x83e92d8) at malloc.c:495

  sz = hhdr -> hb_sz;

Even if I don't call FreeImage_Unload() the app crashes at the end.

If you want to reproduce it, install https://github.com/blitzprog/flua and
execute the Graphics examples. They all segfault at termination.

I tried disabling the GC with GC_disable() for that part of the code but
that shows no effect.

I'm a bit confused right now, hope you can help me find the error source or
show me whether I did a trivial mistake..

Regards,

Eduard Urbach