[Gc] There should be a library major bump of gc library

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 11:18:54 PDT 2012

2012/6/2 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> Hi Paulo and Juan,

  Hi Ivan,

> Sorry for the delay.

  No problems :-)

> I decided to prepare the required fix myself.
> Proposed changes for 7.2 ("gc-7_2-hotfix-2" branch): https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/compare/release...4be945a8 (2 commits, public headers are unchanged)
> For 7.3alpha3 ("master" branch): https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/compare/f85b8bf6bd...master (3 commits, one of which is the same as for release branch, 4 functions added to GC API)

  I think it is a far better compromise then my patch to declare the functions
in the "release" branch, and just not hide them. I applied a diff to 7.2b
(it was updated to 7.2b in fedora rawhide a few days ago), rebuilt fedora rpm,
installed it, then built ecl, and it did build everything correctly,
that is, it did
load, compile lisp code, etc.

> Please test both branches. If the fix solves the problem then I'm sure we'll release 7.2c tarball soon.

  I also tested the build from branch master, and it corrects the ecl issues,
and works in a full ecl build.

  I am waiting for gc-7.2c :-)

> Regards,
> Ivan