Re: [Gc] The GC_INIT() macro and binding libgc in D

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri May 11 11:13:50 PDT 2012

Hi Alex,

In some rare cases (gnu-win32 DLL, AIX, Android .so) it is required to call GC_add_roots to register some roots based on addresses of _data/bss_start/end__ of application itself (not of that symbols of shared lib) and there is no easy way to get these values directly from the shared library code.

For other targets (or if you manually register all the roots), it is safe to call GC_init instead of GC_INIT.
(The rest of GC_INIT logic is just for the convenience of GC tuning).

Regards.