[Gc] Can global new / delete used for collected objects?

Hank William hank.willia at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 11:39:23 PDT 2012

Hi, excellent work on the library - but I do have a quick question:

Ideally we'd like to make all new / delete operations create collectable
objects (to avoid memory leaks from accidental use of "new" instead of
"new(GC)").

However the library itself does not do this by default and instead
overrides new / delete simply to mark the memory for scanning
(not collecting).

Is there a reason to avoid setting the default global new / delete
to create collectable objects?

Thanks!