[Gc] RE: GC version numbering

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue May 22 16:59:44 PDT 2012

I'm also fine with Andy's proposal.  In fact I was envisioning something like this in the slightly longer term.  The question is whether we should switch from 7.2 to 8.0.0 for a small bug fix.  My initial assumption was "no", but it may be worth it just to allow us to change version numbering cleanly.  I don't have a strong preference either way.