Re[8]: [Gc] There should be a library major bump of gc library due to now having several GC_xyz "hidden" functions

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun May 27 06:39:30 PDT 2012

Hi Juan and Paulo,

Sun, 27 May 2012 15:18:04 +0200 от Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> wrote:
>
> > > Probably this should be enough, but I fear that none of these changes
> > will propagate to the problematic distributions unless the library suffers
> > a formal release.
> >
> > What's normal? gc-7.2b is such or not?
> >

> Sorry, but I have missed any announcement that 7.2 had moved beyond alpha
> stage.
>

> > From our side, we can prepare gc-7.2c with the required fixes unhiding
> > symbols you mentioned (could somebody prepare a patch?) and also move them
> > to public API in gc-7.3alpha.
> >

> I am right now a bit busy to produce the patch, but will push it in my
> short-term to-do list. Please point me to the right repository to make the
> patch: is this your git one? Does it has a 7.2 to patch again?

Yes, the git repo: https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc

Ideally, it would be good to prepare 3 patch sets:
1. applicable both to master (7.3alpha) and release (7.2) branches (e.g., regarding unhiding GC_push_x)
2. applicable to release branch only (e.g. regarding unhiding GC_mark_bits as it is already public in v7.3)
3. applicable to master branch only after patch set 1 (e.g. move concerned GC_push_x to public API).

Paulo -
Would be good if you could help Juan in patch preparation. Thank you.

Regards,
Ivan