Re[10]: [Gc] There should be a library major bump of gc library

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun May 27 12:38:43 PDT 2012

Hi Juan and Paulo,

Paulo -
I've quickly glanced into the commits. I think it is not a good (or even disallowed) thing to alter 7.2 API (unlike v7.3+).
The only commits to release branch now are the ones fixing some bugs or regression (hiding some symbols actively used by 3rd-party well-know projects could be considered as a regression). (The only reason for making such fixing should be making legacy code work as expected nothing more.)
I guess Hans is having the similar opinion of it.

So, part of your patch is definitely ok for master branch. But no code of it suitable for release branch for now.
Thank you for the quick response but please adjust it (being more close to the fix scenario I've outlined in my previous post).

Regards,
Ivan