[Gc] There should be a library major bump of gc library

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:22:13 PDT 2012

2012/5/27 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> Hi Juan and Paulo,
>
> Paulo -
> I've quickly glanced into the commits. I think it is not a good (or even disallowed) thing to alter 7.2 API (unlike v7.3+).
> The only commits to release branch now are the ones fixing some bugs or regression (hiding some symbols actively used by 3rd-party well-know projects could be considered as a regression). (The only reason for making such fixing should be making legacy code work as expected nothing more.)

  Fedora 16 has 7.2alpha, and same for Fedora 17 beta, so it will
have all symbols exported there (ecl works), but rawhide was
update to 7.2 release 14 May.

> I guess Hans is having the similar opinion of it.
>
> So, part of your patch is definitely ok for master branch. But no code of it suitable for release branch for now.
> Thank you for the quick response but please adjust it (being more close to the fix scenario I've outlined in my previous post).

  Ok. The commit in master adds the GC_push* required by ecl.
It should be ok to make a "request for enhancement" in Fedora
rawhide to update to gc-7.3alpha if the commit to master is good.

> Regards,
> Ivan

Thanks,
Paulo